Task Force 93
Task Force 93, also known as “S.E.A.R.C.H.” (Starfleet’s Exploratory and Advanced Research Command Headquarters), is a subordinate unit of Fourth Fleet operating in the Beta Quadrant.
Task Force 93 has served as a peacekeeping force along the Romulan border for the last half decade. Following the Hobus hypernova of April 2387, it temporarily operated within Romulan space to provide support. In September 2387, the Treaty of Nelvana resealed the Romulan borders introduced the new Raeyan Transit Corridor, a sliver of Federation space between the Romulan and Klingon Empires. Task Force 93 became responsible for maintaining this new corridor, as well as for conducting operations in the Raeyan Sector beyond. In early 2388, Task Force 93 absorbed Task Force 47 as part of a fleet reorganization, subsequently expanding our area of operations to include the Romulan border along the Gavarian Corridor, and, after the Gorn invasion of the Canterra sector in mid-2388, its area of operations was again expanded, this time to include all Federation territory along the Klingon and Gorn borders.
- Be part of amazing stories that are being developed in Task Force 93.
- Learn about the Task Force’s history, the current conflicts, and more.
- Apply for your own command in Task Force 93!
The USS Armstrong is a fresh, sleek Intrepid Class starship just out from the shipyards, and she's about to embark on the trip of a lifetime.
Currently, Task Force 93 has a four-point mandate:
- Monitor the activities of the Romulan Star Empire, which was destabilized after the destruction of Romulus and Remus
- Safeguard the Raeyan Transit Corridor, the only safe method of passage between core Federation territory and the Raeyan sector, and a crucial buffer between the Romulan and Klingon empires. Establish a permanent Federation presence in the Raeyan Transit Corridor, including infrastructure, colonization and exploration.
- Rebuild Starfleet’s presence in the Raeyan Sector, one that has fallen into disrepair after Task Force 58 withdrew from the region in 2386 and only a skeleton contingent was left to administer remaining regional assets.
- Civil War, within the Klingon Empire has alerted the Federation to keep monitoring the situation.
Area of Operations
Area of Operations for Task Force 93 includes; Romulan Neutral Zone, Klingon Border and the Rayean Transit Corridor.
A helpful map can be found on the following link: