Task Force 72
For much of the Federation, the end of the Dominion War in 2375 signaled a return to peace, prosperity, and exploration. Occupation forces withdrew, leaving colonists behind to rebuild their lives in the midst of fire and ash. While the Cardassian and Breen governments fell silent to regroup, Starfleet resumed its primary mission of exploration. New areas of space, such as the Gavarrian Corridor and Inconnu Expanse, provided new wonders for Starfleet.
Starfleet wasn’t the only one interested in these new ventures. The Breen, Cardassians, Romulans, and even the Tzenkethi stood by to deny the Federation access to these sectors, seeing the new space as means to expand, regroup, and resupply. But none expected the sudden appearance of indigenous species to oppose all of the major powers.
With everyone distracted, the Cardassian Union made several quick moves, restoring its pre-Dominion War borders and reclaiming half a dozen systems from the Breen, all the while maintaining a second front against the struggling Romulan Star Empire in the Gavarian Corridor. With the Breen Confederacy on the verge of collapse, the Cardassian Union’s renewed patriotism, the Ferengi’s reformed economic initiatives, the Ravagers forcing all powers out of the Inconnu Expanse, and many other powers exhibiting uncertain characteristics, the Federation must do what it can to maintain the status quo and keep the entire Quadrant from total destabilization.
- Visit the simms of Task Group Athena, centered on the Cardassian/Breen Conflict.
- Visit the simms of Task Group Hermes, centered on the Inconnu Expanse.
- Learn about the Task Force’s history, the current conflicts, and more.
- Apply for your own command in Task Force 72.
- Establish a foothold to conduct exploratory, scientific and diplomatic operations within the Inconnu Expanse.
- Protect Federation interest against internal and external threats.
- Continue vigilance along the borders of the Cardassian Union, the Breen Confederacy, the Ferengi Alliance and the Tzenkethi Coalition.